Thursday, March 13, 2008

The New Incredible Hulk Trailer...




I don't know how to put the Youtube video directly onto my blog page yet but here's the link for it...http://youtube.com/watch?v=oiVmgCTMALg
Now that I've posted about how much I'm looking forward to this movie, after seeing the trailer, I just don't know. At first glance I think it may end up being disappointing. I think they've used a very poor re-design of the Abomination. There is a constant theme, in the comics, with any person or animal hit with the gamma radiation, and thusly, turn into some powerful creature. They're GREEN!!!! Even 'The Leader' turned green when his head got really big. So why is the Abomination not at least some shade of green? Then at least I could have bought the re-design a little more but right now, I dunno. It also looks like we've gotten the 'B' crew at ILM for this one. Maybe even the 'C' Crew. The CG, at this point anyways, doesn't look up to par with Ang Lee's Hulk. The Hulk himself looks simply too comicbookie(yes I get the irony of that statement) and that one shot of him walking towards cam looks really unnatural. This trailer definitely doesn't get the blood pumpin' the way the Ironman trailer or The Dark Knight trailer did. Every writer and director that takes on a Marvel or DC character movie, needs to watch Batman Begins about a hundred times and realize, that is where the bar is at!!!! Raise yourselves up to that bar and at least try to jump over it. So far, I'm not seeing it in the new Incredible Hulk trailer.
THIS JUST IN....this link has an interview with Louis Leterrier about some of the things that bothered me in the trailer. Hopefully he's not just trying to cover his butt...http://www.empireonline.com/features/hulk/1.asp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why don't they just bring back Lou Ferrigno and put all the money spent on a CG hulk into a good script?